Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feeling better...finally!!

Well, I'm finally feeling better. Kevin 'made' me go to the Dr. yesterday and I have a sinus infection that needed antibiotics. So it's a round of Zithromax. I probably should have gone last week when one sickness rolled into another but I was being a bit stubborn. ;) Anyway, I'm feeling better and hopefully this will be the last bought of sickness for this winter. Because, you know, it's still winter. At least until Thursday!!

We are going to be going to Atlanta tomorrow to finally spend our Christmas gift cards. Yep, that's right, Christmas!! It has been one thing after another on why we've not spent them yet. The whole month of January was filled up with one sickie after another. Then Kevin spent most of Feb into this month working on a big, huge house he's been painting. And I had work. But I am so excited about being able to go to Archivers, Michaels, World Market, Sam's, and, of course, the Mall of Georgia. It's a great, 2-story mall with everything in it. We may even make it into Hobby Lobby and Home Depot. Plus we have so many places to choose to eat at because we have gift cards to Longhorn Steakhouse, Red Lobster, and Olive Garden. Mmmmm!! The only problem with living in a small town is you don't have any of these things readily available. Can you tell how excited I am?!?! LOL!!

I have all next week off from work. It's the school's spring break so I won't need to feed any of the kids since they won't be there!! :D I could use the rest so I'm glad. It's a bummer that I won't have any money coming in but being able to sleep in will be wonderful!!

I had my first taste of Corned beef and cabbage today for lunch. I am surprised that I had never had it before being from New England but, no, I've never eaten it. It was surprisingly good!! ;) And I even had all the fixin's with it. Carrots and potatoes. Very good.

Well, I guess that's it for now. :)
I will fill you all in on our day in the 'big city' tomorrow.
Until then....HUGS.....
Nanette

2 comments:

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

I hope you have a great time in Hot-lanta and get better soon!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Our World Market is going out of business! Can you believe it? ;-p I'll miss it - I didn't buy that much in there but I always enjoyed walking around looking at their things.