Saturday, March 08, 2008

This is great!!

Well, now that I know people are checking out my Blog I will write more often!! I just wish I knew how to do all that 'fancy' stuff like posting pictures and such!! Oh well, I hope that I don't bore you too much!!

I was sick this past week. I had a cold. I'm so thankful that it didn't get as bad as it could have. I was still able to work even though mopping the lunchroom floor just about made my head explode on Thurs. since it was so stuffed up!! But, God is good, and He saw me through. :)

I've started reading a book called, 'Thin Within.' I'm praying this will be the key to losing weight and keeping it off for good. It not only helps with the eating aspect of weight loss but it also helps you realize why you overeat. Or why you eat the things you eat. I'm excited about seeing what it says.

Tonight Hannah and I are going to a 'Chinese Auction' at one of our local Elemenary schools. It's not a like a typical auction where you bid on things. Although they will have silent auctions, too. But for every $5 you spend you get 20 tickets with the same number on it. There are tables full of different prizes with little cups near the prize and you put your numbered tickets in the cup next to the prize you'd like to win. Then the M.C. draws a number out of the cup and if it's your number you win that prize. It's a lot of fun and we usually come home with something. But there's usually 2 women that win most of the prizes!! And that's a bummer!!

We've had 'snow showers' today. It won't amount to anything because the ground is too warm but when I got up this a.m. it was 44 degrees and now it's about 33 degrees. Brrrrr! We're in for some more 'snow' later tonight but I'll believe it when I see it!! LOL!!

I was 'tagged' by Roni this a.m. and I've answered all the questions I just need to find 3 other people to 'tag' who have blogs. I haven't been 'blogging' much so I'm kind of out of the loop about who has a blog and who doesn't. So if any of you reading this would like to be 'tagged' please let me know and I'll pass on the questions!!

Well, that's it for now.
Have a great day!! And thanks for reading this!!
Hugs......Nanette

3 comments:

Sherri said...

good luck with the book and losing weight. Sounds interesting!

Sherri said...

How's the chinese auction go???

Ann Marie said...

Hey, Nanette--check out Scrapbook Takeout's forum--I'm the blog moderator there, and did a series of Blogging How-to's for people--there is a "Master List" of the tutorials I did--they're all for blogger, too, so it should all work for you!

I've got posting pictures, links, videos, etc. Have fun! I will get you linked from my blog one of these days!