Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Belated 4th!!!!

I sure hope you all had a happy, safe 4th!! We had a good day here at home. :) Some old friends came over and had a 'cookout' with us. In fact, Pam (my best friend) invited her and her hubby over!! It was quite funny!! But we had a blast together. Spent the afternoon cooking, vistiting and a lot of laughing. My dog, Honey, was hillarious!! She loves her 'Aunt Pam' and gets so excited when she comes over. One of the things that Honey did that brought so much laughter was, I had some flowers in a vase on my coffee table, and a lily was just her height so she stuck her nose in it and came out with a bunch of orange pollen on her nose. It was hillarious!! We all laughed so hard!!

We had a cookout but ended up eating inside because it was so hot and humid. Around 7 pm. we all headed to the Rec Park to find a spot on the hillside to watch the Fireworks from. We took our watermelon to the park with us and snacked on it while waiting for the firework show to begin. Pam and I also went to buy some Kettle corn and cotton candy. (it had been ages since I had cotton candy!!) We ended up waiting in line for the cotton candy 50 minutes!! I don't know why the line moved so slow but when we got closer to the front there was no way I was going to get out of line then! All I thought was that it had better be good cotton candy for me to have waited so long!! And it was!! LOL!!! We got back to our blankets just as it was starting to get dark and the Firework display was only minutes away. It had been years since we'd gone into the park to see the fireworks and I must say, it was very enjoyable. But for the 2 hours we were waiting the show only lasted about 30 minutes! But it was fun to watch all the same.

We got home around 10:00 pm. and had Root Beer floats. Mmmm!! After Pam and Gary went home Kevin and I stayed up till after 1 a.m. watching 'The Waltons!!' I know, we're crazy!!

Today I'm a bit tired, to say the least. ;) I think I'll take a nap this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a Great Holiday!!
Hugs, Nanette

P.S. Thanks, Laurie, for checking in. Makes me feel good!!

No comments: