Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Terrific B-day!!

Well, my birthday was yesterday. I am now 48 years old. And the way I've been feeling these past couple of afternoons I feel more like I'm that old. LOL!! For some reason as the day goes on, my neck, shoulders and into my head has ached. I'm not sure why....but it bothers me. Oh well, I'll see how it is tomorrow. ;)

Now...about my birthday.....

Kevin, Hannah and I went to Asheville for the day. We left early and got to the 'big city' by 11:00. Our first stop was AC Moore's. I got a bunch of neat stuff. ;) I had a bunch of coupons printed out so I gave one to Kevin, one to Hannah and I kept one. Hannah said that I was 'exploiting' them by having them do this for me! It was funny. I got some of the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I can't wait to use them. I've never had any before. :)

We then went to have lunch at Red Lobster. Mmmmm. Boy was it good. We then went to Michaels where Hannah got some jewelry findings. Our next stop was Target. I just love Target and I would love to have one here. I got some fun things there. :) Hannah got some new clothes due to most of hers getting too big for her. (she's been losing weight. and doing a great job!!) Next was Barnes & Nobles. I got some magazines for our WI trip. And our last stop was the mall. I got some votives from Yankee Candle and some hand soaps at Bath and Body Works. Hannah got a pair of jeans and a pair of capris in Old Navy.

We got home around 5:00 where there was a gorgeous cake waiting for me. :) My best friend Pam made me a sunflower cake. Beautiful. :) Pam and Gary came over later on and shared it with us. We headed out again for a nice supper at the Boiler Room. Mmmmm!!

Today was more celebrating. :) Hannah and I went out to lunch with Pam and Debbie. (or so I thought that's all it would be.) When we got to Monte Albans LaRessie, Candy and Donna were there waiting for us!! It was such a nice surprise. We had a great time eating, laughing and just visiting. And, of course, the mexican men had to sing to me (and Donna, her birthday is Mon.) with Sombraroes on our heads. I felt silly but it was hillarious!! It was so much fun!!

I got a lot of nice gifts from these wonderful ladies. From Pam...a tea set for one. From Debbie...some gourmet teas to go with my tea set. From Donna...a handmade, stain glass necklace and earing set. From LaRessie...a beautiful notepad. And from Candy....an altered frame. Such a nice surprise.

I've already gotten the pictures back that I took yesterday and Hannah took today. Yesterday's pictures are of the stores that we went into in Asheville. They came out really neat. I think I might make a mini album with them. :)

It's been a great past 2 days. So much fun. :)
Oh!!! I also got a bunch of e-cards and birthday wishes from my online friends. And gifts and cards from family far and wide.

Thanks to you all!!
Hugs, Nanette

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Thank you for the prayers, Nanette. I hope to get caught up reading everyone's blogs soon!